You are going through your day, noticing the positives about your life and enjoying the benefits of having your energy at a high place on the vibrational scale. Then, all of the sudden, something unexpected arises that triggers that familiar sense of fear or unease.
Most people call this stress and experience some form of it on a regular basis. From an unexpected bill or expense that arises to a scheduling conflict that throws off your perfectly scripted day, these fear triggers are all around.
So, what do you do?
How do you handle fear and stress in your life?
You use the Perceptual Shift Process or PSP!
PSP works much like a GPS device for your energy on the vibrational scale.
Firstly, it helps you to pinpoint your exact location and then it guides your energy to a higher place!
This is especially important when you are facing stressful or fearful thoughts and feelings because it literally will take the “mask” off of the whole situation!
It is when we remove the mask and we open our eyes, things that may appear to be really overwhelming, terrifying, and nerve-racking really aren’t so bad after all. In most cases, it is the hidden or unknown that we are actually stressing or fearing.
Let’s consider this.
Children are often afraid or apprehensive about things that they do not understand. Even the smallest and most innocent of items can bring feelings of fear and stress to some children. If you are a parent who has ever dealt with a terrified or upset child, you know that in order to help them you must first calm them down.
Simple instructions like “Slow down and let’s talk about what happened” are generally the most effective.
That is exactly what PSP helps us, as grown-ups, to do… slow down and talk about what is happening.
To begin with PSP, understand that this is a conversation that you have with yourself and you have no obligation to share it with anyone. You set the rules and how private you want to keep your PSP, which allows you to be completely honest and open about the things you are feeling, thinking, and experiencing. This is key because the more honest you can be with this tool and with yourself, the more effective the results.
PSP has five steps.
- Get the feelings and stories onto paper. What are you feeling? What happened? What is the issue that is triggering the stress or fear? Basically, this is a place where you can completely dump all of the things that are swimming around in your head. If you are angry at a situation, match your writing to your emotions and energy. Get everything out and then take a deep breath.
- Imagine the possible solutions. For this portion, write out any and all possible ways that your fears or stresses could be resolved. These may be logical or off the wall extraordinary! The point here is to come up with as many “what if” scenarios as you can that focus on the possibilities.
- Identify what you want to activate. Now you have arrived at the place where you get to choose what feelings and beliefs you want to focus your energy on for this situation. As you make this conscious decision, you will be setting in motion a magnetism that will bring solutions to you with ease!
- Ask your inner guidance for next actions. For this step, just jot down action steps that may come to mind as you partner with Spirit and begin your shift of energy to a higher place on the vibrational scale. If nothing comes to mind, you can leave this section blank. Whether you have several action steps to write down or none at all, you can confidently expect that solutions are already on their way to you. All you have to do is hand it over to the Universe!
- Give the issue a category. While this step is optional, it might be beneficial to help you in future situations. By assigning a category to the issue, stress, or fear that is the subject of this PSP, it can often raise your awareness of this trigger or others similar to it.
Stress and fear will always be lurking around, just waiting to consume your thoughts and feelings. What happens to most people, though, is that they refuse to manage their energy and experiences, leaving the negativity to build up.
By reaching for PSP at the first signs of negative energies, you will train yourself to take responsibility for your own energies and transform your whole world!
P.S. Want to learn how to use a spiritual approach to attract greater prosperity, achieve optimal health and experience more harmonious relationships?